- Responsables des cursus
- Doctorate / Ph.D
- Formation continue
- Archives plans d'études
Work and Organizational Psychology
Master of Science in Psychology, Option in Work and Organizational Psychology
Acquiring an education and training in work and organizational psychology so as to understand and deal with various phenomena such as human interactions in the work place, effects of work-related factors on employees, and the attitudes and behaviors of individuals towards the organization. The curriculum is based on critical thinking and the mastery of appropriate methods of analysis.
- High interactivity and the application of the most advanced didactic criteria
- Work in small groups and personalized tutoring
- Availability of the Professors
- Valuation of individual contributions
- Strong link between research and practice
- Possibilities to participate to international research collaborations
Structure of the programme
The education and training in work and organizational psychology consist of theoretical teachings, seminars, projects and other individual assignments: an internship and the writing of a Master’s thesis. Optional courses in different disciplines related to organizations (law, management, economics, career guidance) and methodological teachings complete the curriculum. This education and training programme focuses on psychological phenomena in relation to the work place through the study of three domains:
- Personnel psychology: the focus is on the relation between individuals and the organization, from the starting point of the selection process to the ending phase characterizing the relation between the individual and the organization. The important aspects are: recruitment, selection, career development, work performance, criteria used for evaluating appreciation, and equality of treatment.
- Work psychology: focuses on the effects of work on employees by highlighting the following aspects: tasks, work environment, expertise, errors and security measures, and work-related strategies.
- Organizational psychology: focuses on the behavior of individuals in relation to the organization. The most important aspects are: communication and relations of conflict, cooperation and team work, power and leadership, negotiation and decision making, justice, counterproductive or dysfunctional behaviors in the organization, organizational culture, structure and technology, as well as inter-organizational relations.
Supervision and Guidance of Students
A small and united team guides the students, through a large experience in work and organizational psychology, well-renown research internationally and an important network of collaborators. The students benefit from leading-edge education and training techniques, as well as a large array of subject coverage.
Person in charge of the programme
Prof. ass. Laurenz Meier
tél. +41 32 718 13 20